1. You should act in a responsible and adult manner at ALL times. Remember to treat all members as you would wish to be treated yourself. As a forum user, you are a guest on the site, behave as you would as a guest in someone's house.
1a: Posting guidelines - We have a quick reply box at the bottom of the thread, it's easier to use that, than it is to quote an entire message just to reply to a tiny portion of it. If you want to reply to several posts, do it all in the one post... Don't spam the thread with multiple posts replying to loads of different people when you can post once to all of them. If you must quote, then remove the stuff that isn't relevant so people don't aren't seeing everything they've already read.
2. Respect - Treat everyone with respect if you have a difference of opinion we are not stopping you from stating your opinion providing it does not break any of the site rules. We will not tolerate anyone trying to force their opinions on others. We will not tolerate members trying to drag disagreements from one thread to another. If you have a grudge take it elsewhere and don't follow members around making snarky comments regarding other threads. Whilst some swearing will be tolerated, a constant stream of obscene words will be edited without explanation. You cannot post obscene material of ANY nature. Likewise any bigotry and prejudice will not be tolerated.
3. You must use a valid email address to join, and user names must make sense. All accounts are manually checked and activated by admin staff and we often refuse to activate accounts if we believe they are not legitimate. We get a lot of spam accounts trying to be setup each week, sometimes we get a spate of them in the same day. This makes identifying legitimate accounts more difficult and sometimes we delay activation for further checks. If your account has not been activated within 24hrs please email admin(at)mx6oc.com using the email address supplied for the account and letting us know the username. DO NOT attempt to sign up for another account, as we check IP addresses against new accounts and if we see multiple accounts we can and will blanket ban the accounts and the IP address. Please note that if you don't email us about an account, chances are we will assume it's a fake and delete it.
4. If you allow any non-member to view the site by giving out your account details, then you will be removed immediately and banned for life. If you have been removed or banned from the site in the past and attempt to join again, this account will be removed without fail and all posts deleted. If any member allows any banned member to use their account, or fail to inform admins that a banned member is active on the site under an alternative account, you too can be banned.
5. The MX6 owners club is about participation, if you do not post anything, your account WILL be deactivated. New accounts that remain unused will be deleted. It's easy to drop in and say hi from time to time, if you are not prepared to participate, why should we let you continue to use up our bandwidth. If your account is deactivated and you create a new one rather than asking for the old one to be reactivated, you will be banned and both accounts deleted. This rule applies to ALL members regardless of membership and full members will not be refunded.
6. Selling items: If you are a paid member, you can sell items through the site for the duration of your membership. If you a non paid member of the site, you can sell up to 5 items or up to a value of £100 (whichever comes first) and after that you must become a member before being allowed to sell anything else. However, if you are breaking a car or selling lots of car parts you must become a member first. Anyone wishing to advertise a car for sale must also be a full member first.
This also applies to advertising items you may have for sale on other sites... please contact an admin to discuss advertising.
7. The use of these forums, especially the private messaging and email system to entice members to join other clubs or forums is not allowed, and will result in a ban.
7a: The forwarding of or the copying of the contents of private messages and their distribution is not allowed unless all of the members who have contributed to the PM's agree to. Even if people do agree to share those private messages, misrepresenting their comments, quoting certain parts or editing comments to change the meaning or intention of the original text will be treated as unauthorised usage of private information. Admins and Mods can ignore this rule if the information is relevant to site issues that need discussing.
7b: The same rule applies to anything posted in the 'Admin, Moderators, Tech Staff and Full Members sections of the site, it is for those people granted access to those areas only. Breaches of this will be taken very seriously.
8. Being a paid member or staff does not give you any special 'rights', you can still be banned immediately if you break the rules. No refund will be offered.
9. The actions of a MEMBER are the actions of that person ALONE, and not those of the club.
10. If you have an issue? Please speak to a member of staff and allow them the opportunity to resolve it. Posting complaints publicly or arguing about staff decisions on the forums before addressing it with staff will result in the removal of those posts. Please sort it out directly with us, we are happy to listen. Slating the club on other forums may also result in a ban.
11. MX6OC is a PRIVATELY OWNED club, and as such the owners can adjust these rules as they see fit, without warning to anyone.
12. Moaning about the club on other forums and clubs because you don't agree with things... is disrespectful and unprofessional. We try not to censor your personal opinion, but slating the club elsewhere can result in instant removal from the forums.
13. No unauthorised advertising of a business or another MX6 related site is permitted. Registering just to promote your club, or endless links to it in your posts can result in deletion of the posts, and a ban.
14. If you wish to advertise a business within the forums, please speak to a member of the admin team. We don't charge a fee for advertising, but we do ask that the full members of the club get some kind of discount or perks in return for free advertising.
15: Hotlinking to files on this site is prohibited. If we discover that files hosted on our servers are being leeched because some one posted them on another site... We will remove the file and replace it with something unpleasant for those leechers. I'll cite the example of a picture being hotlinked to on a rather large site... which caused bandwidth use to spike... The image was replaced with something you really wouldn't expect to find... and if the word goatse means anything, well.. you'll understand... Please don't google it, you will be offended and disgusted. We simply adjust a couple of filenames and links.. and hey presto, the leechers get a shock and no one here is any the wiser to the changes. We will also ban a member if they post MX6OC files anywhere else without express permission from the site owners.
16. Posting images and attachments on the site is permitted providing you own the copyright and they don't fall outside of the realms of good taste... Use some common sense. By posting them you give MX6OC permission to reproduce and use those images. Stealing images is strictly prohibited and they must not be reproduced anywhere else without the explicit permission of the copyright holder. Images should always be posted in the correct section of the site (Members rides and photo gallery). The only exception to this rule would be posting an image that has relevance to the thread being discussed. Examples would include images showing something that needs repairing or identifying, or something you have modified. Joke images should be posted in the Funhouse if they have no relevance to the thread. Be sensible about posting pictures, don't post 10 when 1 or 2 will do, don't start posting irrelevant pictures just for the sake of posting pictures. Site staff have been instructed to delete posts and threads that push the limits of this particular rule, no warning will be given and no explanation is required.
17: Paying for membership is not mandatory, it's optional and you are under no obligation to do so. Membership packs are issued as and when there are sufficient numbers to warrant it. This is due to the higher costs of doing them individually. No refunds are offered should you choose to cancel your membership.
A moderator or admin can at any time remove any of your posts WITHOUT WARNING OR EXPLANATION if they breach any rules. Explanations can/will be sent to the poster/s privately.
This club will not be a 'police state', but neither is it a democracy, breaking of the rules, or disregard for others will not be tolerated.
Breaking any of the rules may result in a warning or temporary ban for a set time. The length of a ban will be decided and voted on by the moderators and admin.
If the rule broken/your actions/posts, are looked on as severe Admin, may impose a life time ban. There are no grounds for appeal, their decision is final and conversation will not be entered in to.
Thanks for reading and enjoy your time at MX6OC
|Last edited by Heckler on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
|Updated for some people READ POINTs 1a & 16 AND MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW IT